It is our mission to provide a healthy, safe, clean and enjoyable working environment for our team members, subcontractors, and clients. We seek to achieve our mission by hiring the best team members setting the highest standards, and embracing a culture of continual improvement.
Willis A. Smith Construction has developed a comprehensive safety program as part of the ongoing effort to refine and put into practice controls that make the program a model of efficiency and prevention. The success of our company’s safety program rests on our corporate leadership. All associates, from the President to a newly hired team member, view safety as a top priority. The foundation of our safety culture rests on the following guidelines:
- Provide our team members with the training and development necessary to achieve excellent safety performance
- All of our Superintendents have completed a 30-Hour OSHA training program
- Zero injuries
- Zero loss time accidents
- Zero O.S.H.A. or other regulatory deficiencies
Additionally, we employ the services of an independent safety director to hold “mock” OSHA inspections to monitor the safety of our projects and people. Our Third Party Safety Consultant Provides:
- Independent Safety Inspections
- Creates a job safety plan
- Mock OSHA Inspections
- Safety Report, copied to subcontractors
These resource keeps us focused on safety, prevent accidents and their potential delays.
Willis A. Smith Construction, Inc. is a Florida Drug Free Workplace.